Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Great Answer Post Part 3

Okay, on to Part 3!!  Aren't you all thrilled?  I didn't even make you wait for three weeks. ;)

I've decided to change things up a bit.  The panel idea was great and all, but I hadn't realized how time-consuming it would be.  To be honest, when I mentioned to my friends that it was time to do a third panel, they didn't look all that thrilled. :}  I think everyone is starting to glaze over.

I also realized over the course of the past two posts that answering some of the more personal questions has been a bit difficult when we're all together.  Especially questions about the future, about our feelings, and anything regarding Ben and Robby and that whole saga.

The panel also takes a lot more time because there is much more conversation involved than just simple, straightforward answering of questions.

So, for the sake of simplicity, and to give everyone a chance to answer their questions as openly as they would like to, I've decided to have everyone write down their responses for the rest of the questions.  I will type them up in this post exactly as my friends wrote them, so you'll still be getting a direct response from them.  It just won't be quite as interactive.

I hope this is okay with everyone, but it was what I felt was best.  If I had continued in the same way with all of the questions, it probably would have been a 10 part post...at least!! :}

So, without further ado, we're going to start with some questions from "Oreocookie".

1.  Belle, when are you going to do another playdate for Emilie?

     Belle:  Hi, Oreocookie.  I've actually done several other playdates for Emilie, I just didn't write about them. :)  She and Sara have become quite close and love playing together. :)

2.  Rapunzel, how do you deal with all of your children?  I mean, I'm sure you love them dearly, but how?

     Rapunzel:  It takes a lot of patience, that's for sure!  I also couldn't do it without Eugene.  He's my rock and support on those days when I'm so tired I can't think straight. ;)  Getting as much sleep as possible really helps.  And honestly, the new LIV body really did do a lot to improve my energy level.  I don't know if it's because of the extra articulation, or if it's just that I'm no longer working with a defective body, or what.

     The children can be a challenge, but the rewards far outweigh the difficulties. :)

Our next set of questions come from "Anonymous".

1.  To Everyone but Belle:  Will you please continue the blog?!

     Belle:  I checked with everyone on this, and unfortunately, the answer was pretty much a resounding "no".  Robby doesn't enjoy writing, Rapunzel and Eugene are too busy, Ben felt he had nothing he wanted to share, and Emilie is not allowed (she's too young).  Sorry, Anonymous!

2.  Oh, and I forgot.  Have you met Anna and Elsa yet, Belle?  Plus, I love your hair, it looks so elegant. :)

     Belle:  Yes, I have met them, which you probably know by now if you've kept up with the blog.  Just in case you haven't, click HERE to read all about it. :)  And thanks for the compliment.  I'm still getting used to my new "do", but I think it's starting to grow on me. ;)

Now for a question from "Ampy Moh".

1.  Rapunzel, where and why are you wearing a Barbie Rapunzel dress?!?

     Rapunzel:  Lol...my wardrobe choices are dependent on what Beast'sbelle offers.  She finds a lot of Barbie dresses at Goodwill, and I'm not picky as long as the dress fits and is comfortable. ;)

Next we'll hear from "Hannah and her Dolls".

1.  To Ben from Hannah:  Have you ever thought of making a blog, Ben?  I would LOVE to hear YOUR views on everything-you are so deep.

     Ben:  Thank you for your kind observation, Hannah, but at this time, I have no interest in sharing my everyday thoughts with others.  Quite honestly, I was hesitant to even take part in these answer posts.  I am not the sort of doll who enjoys baring my soul to whoever happens to be browsing the Internet.  If I ever change my mind, however, I'll be sure to inform you.

2.  To Belle from Della and Erik:  We love your blog, Belle!!  You're so cool!!

     Belle:  Aw, thanks, Della and Erik. :)

3.  To Belle from Rita:  Hi Belle.  I am kind of a rejected Liv doll who...well...likes to do reviews on dolls.  I know, it's a REALLY weird hobby for a DOLL, but it's what I like to do. ;)  All the other dolls think I'm really weird.  I want to make a blog, like you, though, and prove that I really do have a gift.  How did you make your blog?

     Belle:  Hi Rita.  Wow, what a question!  It sounds like you've been going through a pretty rough time.  You know, I think doll reviews by a doll could be really interesting.  As dolls, we might notice things about articulation or plastic quality that humans might overlook.  I hope you go for it. ;)

     It's rather hard to summarize how to start a blog in a short answer.  I went to blogger.com and clicked "new blog".  I didn't have to make an account since I just used Beast'sbelle's account, but if you don't have a Blogger account, you'll have to make one (unless you plan on using your human's account as well).  A few tips:  1. Take lots of great photos so your readers can clearly see the doll you're reviewing.  2. You can get some great backgrounds from sites like thecutestblogontheblock.com .  Backgrounds add a lot of color and personality to your blog.  3.  Look at other doll review blogs to see what works and what doesn't, and what appeals to you as a blogger.  What do you want to present to your readers in your posts?  4.  Have fun!! :)  Try not to stress too much about blogging.  Once you start stressing out, it becomes an obligation, not a fun hobby. :)

     I hope this gave you at least a few helpful tips. :)  I can't wait to see your blog!

4.  To Belle from Della:  Dear Belle, I am a 2010 Disney Store Belle doll, just like you (my Mommy was inspired by you to get her very own 2010 Belle), and I am having a little bit of trouble finding my identity.  Any tips?  Your friend, Della. :)

     Belle:  Boy, can I relate, Della.  It's difficult to discover who you are when you're modeled after a fictional character, isn't it?  The best advice I can give you is to just be yourself and not stress out! ;)  Try new things, meet new dolls, make new friends, and as you experience all of these things, you'll find out more and more about yourself. :)

5.  Here's a question for you Belle, or if you can't answer it, maybe you can pass it on to Beast'sbelle.  I know that Beast'sbelle has LOADS of Jane Austen books, and was wondering if maybe she had the Barnes and Noble editions of some of them.  My great aunt wrote the introductions for a few of the Barnes and Noble edition Jane Austen books!!  I know she definitely wrote the introduction for "Persuasion", but I'm not sure what else.  Would you mind checking for me if you get the time?  Thanks, Belle! :)  -Hannah

     Belle:  Hi Hannah.  I did go ahead and enlist Beast'sbelle's help on this one.  The only Barnes and Noble edition she has in her Jane Austen books is her copy of "Emma".  The introduction was written by Paul Montazzoli in 1996.  I'm guessing that one was not written by your great aunt. ;)

Here are some questions from "Caitlin Dundas", who suggested the idea of an answer post in the first place (thanks, Caitlin!).

1.  To Belle, how would you feel if Ben and Paige got kids of their own?

     Belle:  I think it would be wonderful.  I honestly wish them the best, and if children bring them as much joy as they have brought to all of us who are parents, then of course I would want the same thing for them. :)

2.  Robby, same as above.

     Robby:  I think Ben and Paige would make great parents, so I would have no problem with it, as long as it was something they wanted.

3.  Emilie, how would you feel about getting a brother or sister?  How did you feel when you first moved in with Belle and Robby?  Do you like having a big room?

     Emilie:  I would LOOOOVVVEE to have a sister.  I don't know about a brother, though.  Boys are kinda icky.  I told Mommy and Daddy that I wanted a sister for Christmas.  I hope I get my wish!! :)

     I loved moving in with Mommy and Daddy.  Living with Sara's family before Sara came just didn't feel right.  I knew right away that Mommy and Daddy were the ones for me!

     I like having a big room, but I wouldn't mind sharing it if it meant I could have a sister. :)

4.  Eugene and Rapunzel, how much sleep do you get at night?  Have you thought of starting a blog?  Would you like to get a house?

     Eugene:  Lol...depends on the night and whether anyone is sick or cranky.

     Rapunzel:  Exactly.  For the most part, we do pretty well with sleep.  There are some periods where we go through a few weeks on low sleep.  Thankfully, we have a lot of friends who love to babysit so we can get some rest during the day. ;)

     Neither one of us have any interest in starting a blog at this point.  We're just too busy! ;)  A house would be nice, but we're also okay with a shelf.  The important thing is getting to be together as a family, no matter where we live. :)

5.  Ben, are you thinking of marrying Paige?  If so, will you get kids?

     Ben:  Again, I have a difficult time answering such personal questions.  It utterly amazes me that my relationship with Paige is such a topic of interest.  Because I am in a serious relationship with Paige, of course marriage is in my thoughts somewhere on the horizon.  I dare not hope that it is a guaranteed event at such an early stage in our relationship, however.

      As far as children, I cannot even begin to think that far in advance.  Children rather terrify me, but I suppose I could adjust to the idea of becoming a parent if it was important enough to Paige.

6.  Belle and Robby, how old is Emilie?  Which toy is her fave?

     Belle:  We actually got this question earlier, so I'll refer you to our first answer post HERE (check the first question in the third set of questions, from "Nina").  Her favorite toy, according to her, is her Beauty and the Beast doll house with her Belle and Beast dolls. :)

 Next up, we have questions from "Sunny Harper".

1.  Belle, do you still feel like Beast'sbelle will replace you one day?  What was it like when she first brought you home?  Did you miss any friends from the Disney Store?

     Belle:  I've pretty much gotten over that fear.  I still feel a bit inadequate whenever she brings home one of the newer Disney Store Belle dolls, but the fact that she swapped out my entire body when she could have just thrown me away definitely did wonders for my confidence. :}

     Oh, when she first brought me home, it was completely overwhelming.  I felt like an insignificant dot in a sea of Belle dolls.  Especially since all of them could sing.  On key. ;)

      I didn't really make that many friends from the Disney Store, so no, I didn't really miss anyone.  I wasn't there long enough to establish any long-lasting relationships, and frankly, most of them looked down on me because I was tone deaf.

2.  For Robby, how has life been since your accident?  What do you miss doing that your accident prevents now?

     Robby:  I don't think anyone has ever asked me that directly about my accident before.  I think a lot of dolls and people aren't sure whether it's a safe topic to bring up. ;)  Even Belle hates to draw attention to it.  She thinks I don't notice, but I do.

      Life has been...different since the accident.  There are some days that are so hard.  I hate being "broken"...I hate not being able to be as strong as I want to for Belle and Emilie.  I especially hate it when Belle has to take care of me.  I should be the one taking care of her, not the other way around.

      At the same time, I look at what my life was like before the accident, and I think of how it brought Belle and I closer.  If going through that is what it took to bring Belle and I together, then I wouldn't change a thing.  I'm very blessed, and I'm thankful every day.

     I think what I miss the most is my long, outdoor rambles I used to take.  I miss climbing trees and exploring.  My injury really limits my physical activity.  It is what it is, though.  I just need to keep taking one day at a time.

3.  Beast'sbelle, how does it feel now that Belle won't be blogging anymore?

     Beast'sbelle:  I respect Belle's decision to focus more on her family.  As a busy blogger myself, I can definitely understand how she feels! ;)  I'll miss hearing all about her daily adventures, but I also want her to do what's best for her and her family.

Okay, now I'm totally emotional after reading Robby's response.  He's right.  We've never really talked in depth about the accident because I didn't want to hurt him.  Thank you, Sunny, for asking your question.  It's nice to know how he feels.  

But enough blubbering on my part.  Time for the next round!  Here are some questions from "Jasmine", a Disney Store doll.

1.  Rapunzel, how do you manage all that hair?  Would you recommend having children?

     Rapunzel:  As I shared in an earlier answer, I don't do much of my own hair at all.  Belle, Eugene, and Beast'sbelle help me a lot.  Without them, I'd probably just tie it back in a ponytail and call it good! ;)

     I would definitely recommend having children, but only when you're at a place where you're ready.  Having an amazing, helpful husband at your side makes it much more pleasant.  I think I'd be a basket case without my Eugene.  And I would probably recommend going a little slower at the first than we did.  It might have been easier if we would have spent a little more time with one baby before adding to our family. :}  No regrets, though.  It all worked out. :)

2.  Belle, has anyone other than Robby heard you sing?

     Belle:  Um, just Emilie.  I'm working up to it, though. :}

And moving on!!  Our next questions come from "honeysucklejasmine".

1.  Belle, this is something I've been curious to ask you since the beginning...what do you think of the other Belle dolls the Disney Store has released?  Would you consider you're the prettiest of them all?

     Belle:  Usually they intimidate me, lol. ;)  I'm always very conscious of my frizzy hair, missing hair plugs, and shiny, stained plastic when a brand, spanking new doll joins the collection.

     Heavens, no!!  I think I'm probably the worst looking of all of them!!  I'm glad my head is just a bit smaller than some of the newer dolls, though.  It's already a bit larger than Robby's (which I hate).  I wouldn't want to have a ginormous head compared to him. :}  I wouldn't want to take after Snow White's Evil Queen, anyway, so I suppose it's better this way. ;)

2.  Rapunzel, another question I've been wanting to ask...how do you manage your hair!!!  Please do tell!  Does it tend to get tangled a lot?  (Pardon the pun)

     Rapuznel:  Lol...haven't heard that one before! ;)  Again, keeping my hair in line is due largely to the help I get from Beast'sbelle, Belle, and Eugene (oh, and Apple and Ashlynn every once in a while).  There are certainly some days when I just feel like chopping it all off!  I think Beast'sbelle would have a heart attack if I did, though.  She keeps talking about my "original hair with iridescent strands".  Sometimes I wish I was one of the post-haircut Rapunzels. ;)

     And yes, it does get really tangled if I'm not careful.  I've found that braids or ponytails are the best styles for keeping it in line.

3.  All of you guys:  What do you think of the actual characters you were inspired from?  For example, what do you, Belle, think of Belle from the movie?

     Belle:  Wow, great question.  This was a difficult one to answer individually, so I chatted with everyone about this one.  We thought we'd give you a brief impression from each of us.  I think Belle is an amazing character and someone to look up to, especially for her kindness and selflessness.  Robby thinks his character is intriguing, and he enjoys how he changes throughout the course of the movie.  Rapunzel loves her character's innocence and spunk, and Eugene thinks his character is hilarious.  They both love the end of their movie, where both characters sacrifice everything for each other.  Ben thinks the Beast is rather disgusting with his awful manners and thick fur, and he thinks the Prince needs a haircut (he's not really into Disney movies). ;)  Emilie doesn't really have a character she's modeled after, although Beast'sbelle recently confided that she named Emilie after Emilie de Ravin, who plays Belle in "Once Upon a Time".  She thought Emilie's coloring looked very similar to that Belle's.  Emilie can't comment on her character, however, because she's not allowed to watch the show. ;)

So now we'll move on to a question from "Ava Rose Milberger".

1.  To Belle and co...Have you met Anna and Elsa and all those peeps?

     Belle:  I have, and I think Rapunzel has too.  You can read all about my first meeting with them HERE.

Here are two questions from "Anonymous".

1.  This is just a nonsensical question followed by a real one.  I just thought you might get a laugh today.  On a scale from one to ten, what's your favorite color in the alphabet?

     Belle:  Um...blue. ;)

2.  And the real one:  Emilie, do you get to hang out with Sara and her sister a lot?  If so, do you have a lot of fun?

     Emilie:  I get to see Sara a lot, but I'd love to see her even more!  We always have way lots of fun when we play together. :)

Here are some questions from "Punzie and her Human Friend".

1.  Belle, whenever a new doll arrives in the house, do you ever feel overshadowed?  If so, how do you cope?  Our human friend here often tries to give as much love as she can to newer dolls, and so it can be a little hard.

     Belle:  Yep, pretty much every time a new doll arrives, I have a little mental pity party. :}  Then Robby usually notices something's wrong and makes me laugh about my silly complexes.  Seriously, without him I'd be a nutcase...and a lot more insecure.  So my advice would be to stick with friends that help you laugh at yourself.  It really helps! :)

2.  Rapunzel, it must be tough trying to keep up with four kids, how do you manage?  Also, what is your favorite hairstyle?  I'm also a Rapunzel doll, and would love to have some new hairstyles to try out!

     Rapunzel:  A lot of patience, a lot of babysitting, and getting as much sleep as possible...not to mention having an awesome husband. ;)

     My favorite hairstyles, as I shared before, are the simple ones.  Sorry to disappoint you.  I often feel I was the wrong doll to have so much hair.  I'd be much happier with a bob or a pixie cut.  Hair has never really interested me.  Braids are always great, though.  They're practical, easy, and comfortable. :)

3.  Emilie, are you still surprised that your parents are technically THE main characters from Beauty and the Beast?

     Emilie:  Well, Mommy says they're not really the REAL characters, but I still like to pretend they are. :)  I think it's AMAZING!! :D

And now it's on to our very last questions!! :D  Wow, we made it!  These are from "Anonymous A" and "Blythe the doll".

1.  To Belle's daughter, will you continue the blog?  For me?

     Emilie:  Sorry, but Mommy said I'm not old enough yet.

2.  Rapunzel, YOUR FAMILY IS ALMOST JUST LIKE MINE!  Except, the boy is the second youngest.

     Rapunzel:  Fun! :)  It's always nice finding families similar to your own.

3.  Belle, as I said, I am very disappointed.

     Belle:  I'm sorry, Anonymous A., but I have to do what's best for my family. :}

4.  Belle, how old are you?  Do you want more kids?

     Belle:  I got this question earlier.  You can read the answer to the very first question on this post HERE. :)

5.  Emilie, (this is actually my doll that is your age named Blythe) will you ever have a blog?  Will you continue this one?

     Emilie:  I think blogging would be fun, but I don't know if I will or not.  Mommy says I have to wait 'til I'm older, so I can't finish this one.

6.  Robby, are you ever curious why you have painted on hair and Belle has real hair?

     Robby:  The thought never really crossed my mind, but that is odd.  I don't really mind.  Plastic hair is very easy to take care of. ;)

7.  Rapunzel, is it scary having your body removed and swapped?

     Rapunzel:  It's one of the most terrifying things I've ever experienced.  I think the worst part was the anticipation of the unknown before the procedure.  Once it was all over and I'd been through the recovery process, it was okay...but I wouldn't want to go through it again! :}

8.  Eugene, can your clothes come off?
 
     Eugene:  Um, I'm not sure that's an entirely appropriate question, but yes.  I just like staying in my outfit.  It's comfy.  Beast'sbelle keeps offering Robby all these extra outfits and doesn't do the same for me.  Which is totally fine.  I like things simple.

9.  Beast'sbelle, is Belle your favorite doll?

     Beast'sbelle:  That's kind of hard to answer.  I really love all my dolls.  It's safe to say she's one of my very favorites, though. :)

And that officially wraps up our answer posts! :D  Thank you so much to everyone who contributed questions.  I hope you enjoyed the answers!!  Now that we're done, I've got to start getting ready for Christmas with my family!  It may be a very special holiday, but more on that later! ;)

Talk to you sometime next week! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle, look, I know this is last minute, but look I have a question: Do you ever wonder why Disney keeps remaking you?????? I mean, Confusing, right? "Hi I'm Belle!" "Hi I'm Belle too!"
- Anonymous A and friends.
PS can we still talk sometimes via comments???

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Anonymous A. That's a good question. I'm not sure exactly why the Disney company feels the need to bring out different versions of each princess doll every year, but it definitely works. Beast'sbelle buys them without fail. ;)

Yes, I am planning on answering comments even after the blog is through, so if you ever need to chat, you can leave a comment for me. :)

Belle

Dollgirl4 said...

Ok, I'm sorry this is late but I wanted to ask Beastsbelle how she straightens your hair, Belle. I'm trying to make a custom 12" Alice from a Charlotte doll, but right now her hair is way too curly! If you would tell me how you did Belle's hair without ruining it, that would be great!
Thanks,
Dollgirl4

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Dollgirl4. I was unconscious during the straightening, but I checked with Beast'sbelle for you. ;) She said she brought some water to a boil in a saucepan and dipped my hair into if for about 60 seconds. She used a towel to blot out the excess water and then let my hair dry overnight. Hope this helps! (Ugh...I'm so glad I was unconscious for this!!)

Belle

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it. I wish you would keep doing it. Oh and how can I read earlier entries to your blog?

Anonymous said...

Ps how many dolls do you have?

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Anonymous! You've probably figured it out on your own by now, but you can read my earlier posts by clicking on the post titles on my right sidebar, just under the words "Blog Archive". Hope this helps! :)

As far as how many dolls Beast'sbelle has, I haven't the slightest idea. I don't think she even knows! It's a lot, that's for sure! ;)

Belle

Meritre said...

It looks like Disney tries to make the perfect Belle. No luck so far, in my opinion :)
Hmmm, I know I'm faaar too late, but I was always curious about this: What is your very first memory, Belle? :)(You may ask Robby or Rapunzel or anybody, if you want to:)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Meritre! The first memory I can think of is opening my eyes in the Disney Store, just as I was placed on the shelf. I'm not sure if this is the way things are for all dolls, but for me, I guess I was in some sort of "sleep mode" while I was being created in the workshop. :)

I didn't have time to ask anyone else...sorry about that! I was so late in responding, I figured I'd better just answer as quickly as possible.

Belle

leah Nay said...

oh my goodness answer number three by Honeysucklejasmine made me laughout loud when i say Eugene & Ben's anwser so funny
p.s. Don't let ben see this. leah

Daisy @ Caught Daydreaming said...

Hello- I mean, Hi? Uh... Yo? I'm Briar and though I'm not a disney doll, I am a princess. How do you feel about us ever after highs?
-Briar

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hello, Briar. Nice to meet you. :)

I have a very soft spot for Ever After High dolls. Beast'sbelle has several of them here, and I think they're complete dears. They love babysitting, too, which is always a huge plus in my book. ;)

Belle

Anonymous said...

Hi Belle! I’m Anna, a fellow Disney Store doll, and I’ve been reading your blog for almost a week now. After reading about your adventures, I have thought about making my very own blog! The only problem is that I can’t come up with any good names for my blog. So was wondering if you had any suggestions! :) 