Monday, November 25, 2013

Catching Up - Frozen Friends and Lovebirds

In the days after our visit from Paige, life was slow and uneventful.  We spent our time staying in our house, or visiting with Eugene and Rapunzel, or just hanging out.  Emilie had another playdate with Sara, so I also got a chance to catch up with Faith.  She and her family were doing well.  


Every chance I got (when Robby wasn't around), I practiced on my guitar.  I had three songs that I'd gotten down pretty flawlessly.  Now I just had to figure out the best time to whip out my instrument and play for my husband.  I couldn't wait to share my newfound talent with him. :)


One afternoon, as I made my way across the dresser to see Rapunzel, I came across some dolls I'd never seen before.  It seemed impolite to just pass by without saying anything, so I stopped and introduced myself.


"Hi, I don't think we've met.  I'm Belle."

One of the dolls, a tall, graceful figure with extremely pale skin and amazing hair, regarded me with a serious expression.  "Nice to meet you.  My name is Elsa."


"Hi!" came a spontaneous voice.  "I'm Anna, and this is Kristoff."

"Nice to meet all of you," I responded.  "I don't think I've seen you around before.  Are you new here?"

"Yep," Anna said cheerfully.  "We're from the newest Disney movie, 'Frozen'."

"Ah, more Disney dolls," I said knowingly.  "I'm from the Disney movie 'Beauty and the Beast'.  It's one of Beast'sbelle's favorites."

"Beast'sbelle, she's the human, right?" Elsa asked.

I nodded.  "I've lived here with her for around three years.  My husband Robby and I live just up there."


As I turned to point to our home, I noticed a curious sight.  There was another new doll, still in his box, at the end of the dresser.  I hadn't seen him before because I'd climbed up the front of the dresser today instead of climbing down from my home.  In front of him stood one of the newer Rapunzel dolls...I think it was Rosemary, this year's Disney Store offering.


The two seemed to be in earnest conversation through the plastic of his box.  His expression was forlorn as he looked out longingly at Rosemary.


The other dolls must have noticed me staring at the two on the end.  "That's Hans over there," Elsa said gently.  "He's also from the movie."

"Why is he still in his box?" I asked.

The three dolls shared an uncomfortable glance.  "It could have something to do with the plot line," Anna finally admitted.

I looked at them curiously.  

"It's all in here," Kristoff explained, joining the conversation for the first time.  He pointed to a coloring book that was propped up behind him and Anna.  "We just read it the other night.  We haven't let Hans read it yet."

I wondered what they could mean, but they didn't seem willing to share any more information.  "So, how long has Rosemary been visiting him?" I asked.

"Since day one!" Anna exclaimed.  "They're completely nuts about each other.  They keep hoping that your Beast'sbelle will open his box so they can finally be together."

I couldn't stay any longer than that...Rapunzel was expecting me.  As I said my goodbyes and headed over to Rapunzel's part of the shelf, though, I couldn't stop thinking about Hans and Rosemary.  Yet another cross-canon couple.  I wondered how Beast'sbelle would react.  More importantly, I wondered if I could play a part in convincing her to debox Hans.  


Only time would tell...

19 comments:

Heather said...

I love it, the new girls are so beautiful!!

Also, I'm having a giveaway if you're interested :) It's for 1/6 scale items.
http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com/2013/11/blinkydolls-boutique-giveaway.html

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Heather. They seem really sweet. :)

I'll be sure to let Beast'sbelle know about the giveaway, too! :)

Belle

Anonymous said...

Hi Belle! I finally convinced Lauren that we needed to read your latest blog posts--its all I've been able to think about!

So, beastsbelle bought the Frozen dolls, huh? Lauren over here is in love with Frozen, but hasn't had the courage to buy one of the dolls yet. I think she needs to wait to see the movie to make sure that this is what she wants, but who knows? For us over here, doll buying is a bit of a big responsibility--Lauren usually won't buy a doll until she is absolutely positive that "its worth it". Of course, that can mean endless hours of debating with herself...

...but I digress. I can't wait to catch up some more in the future!
Your friends, Punzie and Lauren

The Dolls said...

Merida here, WOW!! New people and a crossed over relationship! Ya will be findin' more about hat soon, won'tcha?


Rapunzel: Oh my!! New people, I have no idea if our Bear here will get new dolls any time soon...

Unknown said...

Would you mind if I asked a late question for you and Robby? How old is Emilie? Which toy is her fave?

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Not at all, Caitlin! :) We haven't done the answer post yet, so technically you're not late. ;)

Belle

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Punzie and Lauren! Thanks for stopping by. :)

From the way Beast'sbelle's been going on and on about it, the movie is supposed to be really good. Of course, the dolls Lauren brings home may be completely different from the movie characters...still, I suppose I can understand wanting to make sure you like the movie a doll is based on before purchasing. That sounds like something Beast'sbelle would do. ;)

Hi Merida and Rapunzel...I do have more news on that front, but it will have to wait for a bit. ;)

Belle

Anonymous said...

Why isn't he open? does he... DIE in the story? :(
- ANonNYmoUS A.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I have no idea...they wouldn't let me read the book. :{

Belle

Anonymous said...

Ugh... Humans and there "has to be consistent with the movie" junk.

Glad I live with an 11 year old girl.

Poor Hans. But I might be able to tell you. I don't have that book, so I'm not sure this is excactly right. Rumors have been spreading that Hans is evil in Frozen. Idk if that's right. I'm only a Werecat.

--Meowlody

Anonymous said...

Hi Belle! It's Disney Store Jasmine here again. Cool (pun not intended) that there are Frozen dolls over at Beastbelle's house! I hope she takes Hans out of the box. Speaking of which,there's going to be lots of new dolls here soon. Elsa and Anna for my aunt(my human's sister)'s birthday (Elsa's for my human who always gets one or two small presents on her sister's birthday) and Hans and Kristoff (and also a doll of Tiana from The Princess and the Frog) for Christmas. My aunt knows about Anna (and Elsa) but she has no idea Kristoff (and Hans and Tiana) are coming. - Jasmine

ANonNYmoUS A,Hans doesn't die in the story. I won't say what the thing with Hans is because it's a GREAT BIG SPOILER,but I will say that he doesn't die. - Jasmine's Human

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Meowlody,

Lol...yes, Beast'sbelle does tend to be a bit obsessive about doll pairings. I'm hoping if I talk to her then perhaps I can convince her that it's all going to be okay.

Interesting...that would certainly explain the other Frozen dolls' hesitation to talk about it. I guess only time will tell. :}

Wow, Jasmine, it sounds like you'll have lots of new friends to hang out with soon. :)

Yikes, Jasmine's human. We'll all be on the edge of our seats now. ;) Thankfully, Beast'sbelle's Hans doll is his own doll, not an exact repeat of his movie character. So whatever the spoiler, hopefully we can convince him to just relax and be himself. ;)

Belle

Unknown said...

I don't know why, but Kristoff's expression in that first picture made me think he was so nervous with all of the MLP figures. I can see why.... I certainly wouldn't want to have 40 my little pony toys staring at me because THEY DONT BLINK! O.o (eye twitches menacingly) Okay, I think I need to stay away from stake lollipops...o.o

Big. Pap. O. said...

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

-Hannah and her dolls ;)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Lol, I never thought of that, Ava. ;) I can see how those would be a little creepy for some. I've gotten so used to having them around that I don't even think about it. ;)

Thank you, Hannah and dolls. :) I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Belle

MyLittleMegara said...

OOOOOH lucky Beast'sBelle!!! I've been checking the Disney Store website EVERY DAY since Frozen came out waiting for them to get the dolls back... :( I think I'm more of an Anna, but I love Elsa's dress and, honestly, who doesn't love to hear "Let It Go?" Oh, I'm babbling. Like I said- Anna! But anyway, lucky you!!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I heard about the incredible run on the Frozen dolls. Anna and Elsa are quite shocked and a little embarrassed at the fuss. I know Beast'sbelle is very grateful she added them to our doll family when she did, though. ;)

I hope you're able to add them to your doll family soon!

Belle

Meritre said...

And finally we reached the post were Rosemary turns up! Mini Rapunzel Rosemary was thrilled to get to know that there is another Rapunzel out there with the same name. Intresting couple but Jasmine Arabella (What a name for a Jasmine doll! I offered her Janthe and Violet and Daisy and others but she didn't like any of them so she will keep her so called factory name and stay Arabella. I think it's more fitting for a Belle doll but Rosemary said that I shouldn't get ideas, her Belle was called Elisabeth. Very fitting, I think for we had a queen called Elisabeth, nicknamed Sissi, who had long brown hair and was famous for her beauty.) said that only the inside matters and it's not important that he's what he is. I wonder what would she say to a nice Jafar doll? :) Annis Ariel thinks one should get to know the doll before forming an opinion. Christine Merida (Chris for short) says she's lucky her movie didn't have a prince charming for her, she can pick whoever she wants. Now you know all the names but sooo many new names... it will be difficult. I should stop babbling.:)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Lol, no worries on the babbling, Meritre. I love reading long comments! Sorry it took me so long to respond, though. :}

I love hearing all about your dolls and their new names. Choosing just the right name for oneself or one's doll can be quite an involved process. :)

Hope you're having a lovely week!

Belle