Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Our Christmas and New Year's Wishes

Hello and Happy New Year, my dearest readers!  I hope your holiday season has been filled with joy and love as mine has been. :)

I promised a Christmas post, and here it is...albeit a bit later than I had hoped. :}  Our Christmas was rather quiet...but not as uneventful as you might think. ;)

Here the three of us are on Christmas Eve (thanks to Hailey for taking the family picture). 

I'm sure you noticed from the picture that we are in a new location.  Beast'sbelle took to rearranging once again.  This time, she found a nice little spot for us in the corner of her room, between two of her shelves.  

It's small, but we really didn't lose all that much space.  I actually prefer it.  Tucked away in the corner, we feel like we have a bit more privacy, which is lovely.

Our sitting room (notice the pretty tree Beast'sbelle got for us?)...

...and Emilie's room.  Her room is on a higher level than the rest of the house, which is fun for her.

The walls are a bit chipped and dark.  We're thinking of seeing if Beast'sbelle would let us put up some foam core board to decorate as we please.  It would get more light in the corner, too, which would be nice.  I'm not sure if she'll agree, but it's worth asking.

But I'm sure what many of you are wondering is whether or not Emilie got her Christmas wish. :}

Robby and I spent many hours talking and weighing the pros and cons of expanding our family (much of this was going on between answer posts, which was why they were so spread out).  I wrestled with my plastic heart nonstop.  I felt content with the way things were, and I wasn't sure I was ready to add to our little threesome.  Yet I knew that both Emilie and Robby were ready.  Wasn't it selfish of me to refuse something they wanted so much?  I also had a husband who was around 24-7 to help with kiddos, so I knew I wouldn't be as stressed about parenting as Beast'sbelle sometimes was.  Still, it was a big commitment, and I wanted to be sure I was making the right choice for all of us.

By the end of November, I had come to the conclusion that it might not hurt to ask Beast'sbelle if she knew of any little girl dolls that needed a home.  Robby and I found her and explained our situation.  We were very clear about our intentions and where we were at in the process.  I didn't want any sort of horrible miscommunication like we had run into with Emilie.  We told Beast'sbelle that we were considering trying to find a sister for Emilie, possibly in time for Christmas, but only if the timing and the fit was right.  We also wanted to meet with the little girl doll first, without telling her our intentions, so she wouldn't get her hopes up if we chose to stay as we were.

To her credit, Beast'sbelle listened carefully and took our request and explanations very seriously.  And found not one, but two little girl dolls within a week. 

That's when I started to feel just a bit panicky.

Beast'sbelle explained that the two dolls she'd found had kind of adopted each other as sisters and wanted to stay together.  One was Emilie's exact size, and the other was a smaller doll.  (So in human years, about six and three.)  I was hesitant to even meet with them.  I'd started to come around to the idea of adding one more child...but two?  All I could think of was Eugene and Rapunzel's horrid time when Emmaline first came to stay with them.  Would we get into it and regret our decision?

Robby gently suggested that we at least meet them and see what we think.  So we did, on December 4th.

They were adorable.  Absolutely adorable.  But I was terrified.  Could I really be the mother of three little girls...for the rest of my plastic life?

I went back and forth with myself for most of December.  Robby wisely did not bring the issue up, knowing that making me talk about it with him would only cause more stress on my part.

In the end, it was a conversation with Rapunzel that helped me decide.  I had shared my struggle with her and come for some friendly advice.

"Do you ever regret having more than one child?" I asked her hesitantly.

She smiled at me as she jostled Emmaline on one hip.  "No," she answered.  There was this peace in her face that made it light up and look more beautiful than ever before.  Then she laughed a little.  "Don't misunderstand me, Belle.  It's hard...one of the hardest things I've ever done.  There are days when I'd give anything for a little solitude and quiet.  There are times when I'm tired or cranky and sick of feeling like everybody's servant.  But I honestly can say that I don't regret my decision.  It's the little things that make me glad I did it.  Seeing Abigail smile up at me.  Watching Thomas make Emmaline laugh.  Having Becca run up to me and say, 'I love you, Mommy'.  It makes it all worth it.  I wouldn't change my life for anything."

I didn't know if I would ever feel the same way Rapunzel did.  I didn't know if I was as good of a mother as she was, or if even she, content "mother of the year", would be singing a different tune five years from now.  But I knew that she and Robby...and even Beast'sbelle...would always be there for me when I felt overwhelmed or didn't know what to do.  I knew that she had found something precious and rewarding, not confining or restrictive.  And somehow, I felt better about things after talking to her.

As I went back home that night, I thought of Robby and how much he longed for more children to fill his arms.  He was such a wonderful father.  I knew any children we had would be blessed to have him in their lives.  Then I pictured little Emilie's face on Christmas morning when she got not one, but two sisters.  I couldn't help smiling.  And that's when I decided that Isabelle and Kendra needed to come home to us.  I didn't know how everything would work, or if I would someday wonder why on earth I'd taken on such a challenge, but I knew I wanted to try.  I didn't want to regret this Christmas for years to come.

Robby cried when I told him.  Then he held me for ages and thanked me, promising he'd do everything he could to make things easy for me.  I hadn't realized just how desperately he'd fallen in love with those two little girl dolls waiting for a home. 


And on Christmas morning, Emilie had two very special presents waiting for her beside the tree.  

"Emilie," I said warmly, "meet your new sisters, Isabelle and Kendra."


At first, Emilie just stood there in shock, staring as if she couldn't believe it was real.


Our two new daughters waited there rather nervously with pasted on smiles. 


Then, with laughter bubbling over, Emilie ran over to them.  She flung her arms around Isabelle as if she'd known her all her life. 


Then she reached down and grabbed Kendra's small little hands.  She looked back over at us.  "Oh, Mommy and Daddy, thank you so much!!  Two sisters?  I thought I'd only get one!"


We smiled down at our new little brood.  I could feel tears forming in my eyes, and I could hear Robby sniffing.


Emilie raced back across to us and threw herself into my arms.  "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she said happily.  I held her tightly.  "Merry Christmas, Sweetheart," I whispered into her hair.


The other two hung back shyly, watching as I held Emilie in my embrace.  Robby and I opened our arms encouragingly.  That was all it took.  With grins as wide as their faces, Isabelle and Kendra ran over to us and flung their tiny arms around our waists.  It was a little interesting figuring out the whole three-way-hug thing, but we did pretty well for our first time. ;)


We took a picture of our sweet little daughters in front of the tree...


...and one more of just the two oldest, who were basically twins (as close to twins as you can get in the doll world).


But the morning wasn't over yet.  We had a special gift for each of the girls.


Beast'sbelle had discovered that Isabelle loved pigs, so we found her a cute little toy piglet.  If the bright smile on her face was any indication, she loved it. :)


We found a tiny doll that also worked as a puppet for Kendra.  She was thrilled, telling us she'd never had a doll of her very own.  Emilie looked horrified at this thought, and instantly told her, "Well, I have lots of dolls that you can both share with me!"  And then I was wiping away tears again. :} 


Emilie got a little doll with a Santa hat and a pretty red Christmas dress.  She didn't much care for the hat, and took it off promptly, but she loved the doll. 

Yet another sister picture, this one with their Christmas goodies. :)


As soon as they were finished opening gifts, Emilie led the girls to her room, where they all flopped on the bed and chatted as if they'd known each other all their lives.  Anyone watching would think they'd always been sisters.

Robby and I had decided not to give each other presents this year, what with the huge ordeal of the adoption and all.  But there was one thing I wanted to give him that I couldn't resist.  So when the girls had gone to their room, I pulled my guitar out from its hiding place, put the strap over my shoulder, and sat down.  


Robby eyed me curiously.  I cleared my throat.

"Um, this...this is a little something for you that I've been working on for a while.  Merry Christmas."

And before I could lose my nerve, I began to strum the strings of my guitar.  My fingers had memorized the exact places they needed to go, so I closed my eyes and began playing "Silent Night".  

My original plan had been to play one verse and then sing and play the next.  As I got to the end of the first verse, though, I hesitated.  The playing actually sounded pretty decent.  I didn't want to ruin it with my voice.  I gave Robby a sideways glance.  He was gazing at me with that amazing, warm look of his...the one that made me feel like the most treasured doll in the entire world.  As I began the opening chords for the second verse, his rich tenor voice joined my playing...and then I was too distracted to sing.  I played quietly, listening to every nuance in his voice, every breath he took, wanting to complement his voice to the best of my ability.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, I noticed that the chatter from the girls' room had stopped.  They were listening, too.


The song ended, and Robby, blinking back tears for the hundredth time that week, pulled me close.  "Sweetheart, that was beautiful.  You have a real gift."  He kissed my forehead.

I shrugged off his complement, but inside I was soaring.  He really meant it!  I was actually good at something musical!  I felt a hot tear splash on my forehead and wiped it away.

"Okay, it's official," I teased.  "You've been hanging around me too much.  What's with all this crying business?"

He laughed and wiped his eyes.  "You are a rather bad influence, aren't you?"  He leaned back, gently pulled my guitar strap over my head, and set the instrument aside.  He caressed my cheek with his hand.  "Darling, do you know how much I love you?"


"Enough to find some mistletoe?" I teased again.

He grinned.  "Hang the mistletoe!"  And with that, he swept me into his arms and kissed me.  It was a pretty great kiss. :} 


As he pulled away, he smiled down at me, gazing into my eyes with the love I always found in his.  "Merry Christmas, Belle," he whispered.

"Merry Christmas," I repeated, reaching up to touch his cheek.  Then I put on a silly, panicked face.  "We have three daughters."

He laughed.  "Are we ready for this?"

"Probably not," I admitted with a grin, "but it's too late now."  I wrapped my arms around him.  "But with you next to me, I feel like I can conquer the world."

He gave me that melty look again, and then, of course, I had to kiss him again. ;)


It was an awesome Christmas. ;)

Beast'sbelle, as you might imagine, was overjoyed by our decision.  And of course, as soon as she got back from her Christmas festivities and saw how well our little family was doing, she wanted to do a photo shoot. :}  So, at her request, we all got dressed up (aside from Robby, who stayed in his usual outfit) and headed out to Beast'sbelle's "photo studio" (aka the top of the washing machine) for a few family photos.  

As it turned out, family photos involving three little ones can be rather challenging (just getting them all to look in the same direction at once is a miracle), so we only ended up with one family picture.  It's quite nice, though:


Since her shoot didn't last nearly as long as she'd planned, Beast'sbelle decided to get a few shots of just Robby and me together.



And I suppose, really, that this photo shoot is the perfect way to end this blog.  One last look at my rapidly growing little family, and a few parting shots of me with the doll I love more than any other, who has loved me and supported me through all my many adventures.

Here, on the brink of a new year (still twenty minutes away on the West Coast), it is officially time to close this chapter of my life.  I have loved and appreciated all of you so much, my dearest readers and friends.  You have laughed with me, cried with me, and followed my little hum-drum adventures with much more excitement and involvement than I ever expected.  You helped me get through my rocky start at Beast'sbelle's house.  You watched my friendship with Rapunzel grow into something more like a sisterhood.  You smiled at my naivete as I insisted that Robby was only a friend and Ben was the doll of my dreams.  You watched our friendship blossom into love.  You were there for my wedding day.  You cheered as Emilie stole our hearts, wept with us when she was taken away, and rejoiced when she returned.  Every significant event in my life, you have shared with me, and I cannot thank you enough.

I know that many of you will hate me for leaving you with so many unanswered questions.  How will I adjust to motherhood now that I have three daughters instead of just one?  Will Ben and Paige ever get married?  Will Beast'sbelle continue to buy more Belle dolls?  Will Robby's leg injury ever improve?

If you think about it, though, life is never really like a story.  A book always has "the end" or "and they lived happily ever after" just before the back cover, but life just keeps going on.  In my case, my story will continue until I meet my end, either by dumpster or landfill.  

The point is, I could write until my plastic arms fell off, and still there would be more to tell.  What once was a joy and an escape for me is now a burden.  I get so stressed trying to keep updating the blog with new posts.  It's time for me to let go and move on.  I don't need an escape anymore...and you were a large part of that. :)

I don't know what this new year will hold.  Part of me is still terrified about my new adventure in parenting.  I know I'll make mistakes, and I know there will be times where I'll just want to curl up into a fetal position and cry.  Something I realized during my period of struggle this past month, though, was that if I allow worry and fear to control my decisions, I'll miss out on so much of the richness that life has to offer.

So, here's to all of us.  Let's embrace this new year with all its unknown trials and adventures.  Be bold.  Try new things.  Hug your friends.  Tell your families you love them.  And know that even though I'm no longer actively going to be posting on this blog, somewhere in the world, there is a Disney Store Belle doll from 2010 who will always love you and think of you with fondness.

Best wishes,

Belle

56 comments:

Ampy said...

Belated Merry christmas and Happy New year!!!

congrats on having more kids!
trust me, it's going to be more fun than work...

P.S. why did kendra suddenly turn into elisa?

Nina said...

Awwww! That was so cute! I'm so happy for you guys! And goodbye, Belle!

Natalie said...

Awwwwwww, Belle! That was such a lovely post. I'm going to miss you so much. Your blog has been one of my favorites ever since I started reading some blogs!
I hope you, Robby, Emilie, Isabelle, and Kendra have an utterly amazing 2014. Congratulations on your new daughters! I'm sure you won't regret it. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Oh dear, sorry about that, Ampy Moh. I typed in the wrong name. :} Thanks for drawing my attention to it, though. I was able to correct my error.

Thank you so much, Nina and Natalie. You two have been so lovely and supportive of me. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. :) I'll miss both of you, too.

Belle

Lydia said...

I'll miss you so much! Do you think you could maybe do a post if Ben and Paige get married, though?

jordan sky said...

*throws herself onto the floor and sobs* (lol, I'm a teenager/ dramatic)

I will miss you SOOO much Belle! I hope you have a good rest of your plastic life!

The Dolls said...

Merida and Rapunzel here,

Merida: maybe our blogging will eventually take off. :) But two older Barbie dolls here in Bear's group, One of them got married and rushed into two girls! I can hear all the rush above me, I, even though I may never marry, can not even imagine marrying then the next day adopting a toddler AND a teenager! Be glad your girls are young Belle.

Rapunzel: Oh Belle! Your story brought tears to my eyes! I knew at once you would want those girls.! It's just how motherhood works. I read a story, it was a FanFic, (FanFic is short for Fan Fiction, which is where a writer takes a movie or show and makes it their own through writing.) And in this story, a young couple had only been married for a while, few months. When the woman discovered she was expecting a baby, her husband was thrilled, but through the entire process she was muttering secretly about not wanting the child. At the end she gives birth (After being kidnapped, *eye roll* authors.) and to the small group of friend and family there. She has twins. A boy and a girl. And, she held them both, and felt a love for the soar. I knew, I KNEW those two girls would be yours, It was just like in the story. You were worried about taking on the children, and your husband was all for it. :} Enjoy it Belle, I know you will.


Merida and 'Punzie,

N said...

It's sad that this is it for Belle's Bulletins - I've enjoyed reading along and following your adventures. But I'm glad that you've got bigger and better things planned, with new adventures and two new daughters to make things twice as much fun. All the best this year, and we'll miss you!

gigi said...

Noooo- shucks, i was crying too. I love this blog, I'm so sad to see it end, but I'm so happy you've reached such a high place in yourself and your life. I wish we could come along on this journey like the ones leading up to it but I'm sure you'll take it with beauty and grace as you have in the past <3

Sunny_Harper1994 said...

You always find ways to well up my eyes with tears!
So happy for your new children, at least you do not put on baby weight and wait 9 months to see them lol.
I will miss you very much Belle and I wish you all the happiness God will bring to you.
~Sunny
Oh I almost forgot what little doll is the one you got for Emilie?

Princess at heart said...

I am crying. I am going to miss your posts Belle. I am so happy for you and your little family. I have my very own Belle Doll now, that I rescued from a thrift store. Most of her lipstick has been rubbed off and her dress is torn, But she is beautiful to me. Thank you so much for this blog. You helped me to Belle. you made me realize that Doll's make me happy and I shouldn't have to hide it. Thank you Belle

Gemmi said...

Oh, Belle, I'll miss you. I loved you and your blog. I'm so happy you added to your family. Best wishes as a mother of three and I wish you well.
Goodbye!!

Grace

Juliet XD said...

Oh my gosh, I think I'm about to cry! I'm so sad that you aren't going to post anymore. I'll miss hearing from you!
Juliet

Big. Pap. O. said...

Aww I'm going to cry!! ;} That was so sweet and touching! We'll certainly miss you and thank you for providing us here with such a fabulous blog and with kindness in comments, and....oh we'll miss you so much!!!! But I know it's for the best. Good luck with your adorable new daughters (and of course with wonderful Emilie )and good luck in all your future endeavors. ;)
-Hannah, Della, Erik, Skelita, Gregory, Draco, Rita, and everyone else ;)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so overwhelmed! Coming back and finding all of your wonderful comments was just lovely. Now I'M the one who's going to start crying. :}

Thank you so much for all of your beautiful messages. I will treasure your words for years to come. :)

In response to the two questions, if Ben and Paige get married, I'll try to let you all know somehow. I don't want to absolutely promise because I just don't know what my life will be like at that point. If nothing else, there will definitely be a message on Facebook. :)

Sunny, the doll we got for Emilie was one Beast'sbelle found at the thrift store. I believe it was some sort of miniature Barbie. Sorry I don't have more definite information for you.

To everyone else, thank you again for stopping by and giving your love. I'll miss you all dreadfully. Thank you so much for sharing this adventure with me. :)

Belle

honeysucklejasmine said...

Bye Belle! It was great to get to meet you! I hope everything works out for you, Robby, Rapunzel, and all of you folks at Beast'sbelle's village! Remember me as a non-blogger user who is a huge fan of your blog!

Heather said...

A wonderful and sad final entry!

This has been such a fun blog to follow, and you're right, life doesn't really have an "end of story" moment like books and movies do... it just keeps going.

Good luck on parenting!!!

Anna said...

It's a wonderful last post - thank you, Belle! I also wanted you to know that your awesome blog has inspired me to do my own, and that I'm disappointed I didn't find out about yours until recently! Thank you so much for everything you've done on this blog, and I wish you well! :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Anna, thank you so much for your comment. I had a chance to check out your blog. It looks great! I look forward to reading all about your adventures, even though I've stopped documenting my own.

I'm so glad my little blog inspired you to start your own. The thought that I've inspired other dolls to find their voice online is wonderful and overwhelming! :}

Have a wonderful new year.

Belle

Annie said...

*Crying* Goodbye,Be-
"Human,can I have a chance to speak here?"
Fine.
"Hello. I'm Twilight. I'm technically not a doll - I'm a My Little Pony - but you inspired me,too. I've started my own blog now,it's called Twilight's Thoughts,and even though I've only made one post so far,I wouldn't have made any if it weren't for you. *through tears* Goodbye."

Goodbye Belle. I love your blog so much. I checked it everyday. I'll really miss it.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Honeysucklejasmine and Heather, I wanted to thank you for stopping by as well. You both have been faithful readers for a long time. I'll miss you both!

Annie and Twilight, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. And Twilight, congratulations on starting your own! :) I hope you have a wonderful year of blogging adventures. :)

Belle

Katrina the Blogger said...

i will miss you belle . have fun with your new family

mystrygirl87 said...

Belle, I don't usually comment, but I've been reading your blog for a long time (goodness, probably since soon after you split off from Tess and Maggie).

I applaud your decision to end the blog rather than have it be a source of stress. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and story with us over the years, and best wishes to you in the years ahead. I do hope you will allow Beastsbelle to give us a yearly update if she chooses-maybe a Christmas or anniversary photo shoot would be a nice tradition to continue.

(And to Beastsbelle, thank you for letting Belle use your computer to blog, and for knowing what would be right for her in the end. ;) )

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thank you so very much for stopping by, mystrygirl87.:)

Hmm, having Beast'sbelle share an update every once in a while might be a good idea. I'll think about it. :)

I hope you have a wonderful new year. :)

Belle

Molly W. said...

Aww Belle we'll miss you! I've really loved reading your adventures, and I hope that maybe you'll still give us updates every once in a while. Your blog has been so special, but I know you're doing what's right. Being a mom is a huge job and now your work has been virtually tripled. Speaking of which, I'm so happy that you made that decision. You'll never regret more kids.

Also, could you link to your facebook page? Thanks. :)

Goodbye Belle! Here's to hoping that you'll pop back in one of these days, and if not, have a happy life as a Disney doll! <3

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Molly! Thanks for stopping by. :) I'm so glad that you've enjoyed the blog.

Sorry I didn't link right to my Facebook page. I'll be adding a page at the top of the blog today with a link to my Facebook page. Enjoy! ;)

Belle

Anonymous said...

I decided to be your 80th follower! :D

-Meghan at Girlydolltype.blogspot.com

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thank you so much, Meghan! :) What a milestone. I never dreamed my little blog would ever reach that many followers. :}

Belle

Rosie the AG said...

(Owner Bursts into hysterical tears)

Aw, great. Now I gotta mop the floor! Well, Belle, we're gonna miss ya. :(

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Aww, thank you Rosie. Sorry to cause such problems. ;)

Belle

Unknown said...

Ohh no! Its finally over, isn't it? I'm going to miss this blog so much! I have loved this blog since I found it all those years ago. You even inspired me to get my dolls into making a blog even though I haven't done it yet. I'm really going to miss your blog posts, I always loved seeing what you posted about, what you wore etc lol. But I can understand why you feel you have to stop and I don't fault you for it :). I hope maybe you'll update us on facebook or who knows maybe someday you'll pick up blogging again.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thank you, Amber. I've enjoyed your comments through the years too. :) I blush to admit that I haven't been to great at updating my Facebook page like I was supposed to. I hope to do something about that soon.

Have a great week!

Belle

Anonymous said...

I wish you have a rotten despicable life pill of misery.

(Bursts into hysterical tears because you ended your blog)

--Stinky, who is over emotional. Lol

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Umm...thanks? :} Sorry to disappoint you Stinky, but this was the best decision for me at this season of my life.

I know I've been horrible at keeping everyone updated on Facebook like I said. I hope to improve on that. :)

Belle

MyLittleMegara said...

Meg:

Okay, MyLittleMegara is now weeping quietly so I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed getting to "know" you before she comes to write her comment. Forever your fan!

MyLittleMegara: *sniffle* We are starting over, at the beginning, as soon as possible. The best things are meant to be enjoyed over and over again. Right Meg?

Meg: Well duh!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Meg and MyLittleMegara, I'm so glad you enjoyed hearing all about my little adventures. :) I hope you enjoy reading about them again and again. :) It was wonderful to "meet" you both.

Belle

Anonymous said...

Your two new daughters are sooooo cute!!! I'll miss your blog, even though I just found it today. Ellie ( that's my name)

Anonymous said...

i keep checking back hoping you miss it so much you've realized the error of your ways & come back.... to no avail. *Le Sigh i miss this. hope all is well!

MyLittleMegara said...

IT'S UP!!! IT'S FINALLY UP!!!!!!

Meg's blog is up!!!

megmylifeinpurpleandplastic.blogspot.com


We hope you enjoy it! ;)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, MyLittleMegara! I've had a chance to check it out, and it looks great! Keep up the good work. :)

Belle

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Whoops! Missed a couple of comments. :}

Thanks, Ellie! I think they're adorable, too! ;)

Sorry to disappoint you, Anonymous. Beast'sbelle keeps talking about having me do a guest post on her blog. I need to get a little more organized, but I hope to pull it off. ;) There are lots of things I could share about what's been going on since last December. ;)

Belle

Meritre said...

The End - it's like a good book. I've always have the feeling that I want to know more about the people in the book. Your blog is a whole as it is just like a book. I think I'll start reading again :)
Thank you for sharing your story!

Annis, Arabella, Rosemary, Chris and their human, Meritre

Nicole said...

Bye Belle, I'm gonna miss you! And Merry Christmas, Emilie!

Daisy @ Caught Daydreaming said...

Hello belle.
I've missed your posts this year. I wish you the best, as you raise your family. I hope that you respond to this comment. I hope you are having a good life. - anonymousa

Snow said...

Hello, Belle!! :-)
I too unfortunately discovered your blog after it had concluded. But I have very much enjoyed reading through all of your posts over and over again. Best of all, you inspired me to start my own blog.

I hope you and Robby are doing well, as well as the girls. Happy New Year, Belle!! :-)

~ Snow

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Annis, Arabella, Rosemary, Chris, and Meritre, thank you so much for your kind comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed the blog as a whole, and I hope you do get the chance to read it again! ;)

Thank you, Nicole! Sorry I'm so late getting to this! :}

AnonymousA, thank you very much. My life is very full and rich with my little family. I hope you are doing well yourself. :)

Belle

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thank you so much, Snow! We are doing wonderfully. I was supposed to have a guest post up on Beast'sbelle's blog last month to share what has been going on in my life, but I wasn't quite organized enough to pull it together in time. :} I'll be putting it up sometime this month instead.

I'm so glad to hear that I've inspired you to start your own blogging adventures! That's my favorite thing to hear from my readers. :)

I wish you all the best.

Belle

Anna said...

Hello! This is Anna of Likeness of Life. Even though it ended so long ago, I still enjoy reading back over your lovely blog. I would like to know which was the first post? I've always wanted to go back and read everything from the beginning.

No pressure, but maybe you could make an archive if you had time? I don't know, just an idea. But know that I will always be revisiting Belle's Bulletins, because it inspired many of my own adventures. Thanks again! :D

love, Anna

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Anna! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. :) I'm glad you've enjoyed reliving my adventures. ;)

If you check out my right sidebar on the blog, you'll see the blog archive listed under my followers. When I wrapped up this blog, I switched it so that it is in order. So if you click on 2011 and then click on October, you'll see a list of all of October's posts. The post titled "Welcome" is my very first post. From there, you should be able to read everything in order! :)

Hope this helps!

Belle

Anna said...

Oh, wow! I literally did not see that. XD

Thanks for getting back to me so fast! I'll definitely be going back over your blog. :)

Anna

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

No problem, Anna! :D

Belle

Unknown said...

I would love to see some posts on parenting. I am considering adoption and would love some tips. Could you please tell me a few? Cause Vanessa has very many child dolls and I'm just not sure. Plus, i'm single. i have a pretty steady boyfriend (a prince phillip doll) and hopefully he'll propose soon, but in the meantime I want to adopt.

Hoping for help,

Charlotte

charlottelabouffsblog.blogspot.com

Meritre said...

Thank you very much for all your answers. :)
You look amazing in your anniversary dress and the photos are so beautiful, too! (just had a look at them on facebook)
Here is a little something I made for your annyversary, hope you like it! The Middle one is from Facebook the other two from Belle's Bulletins The second one is the same, I only added Sepia Toning :)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150527/BellesBulletinsAnniversaryRes_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150527/BellesBulletinsAnniversaryResSepiaToning_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Aww, thank you so much, Meritre! I love them!! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed our anniversary photos. Have a wonderful week and say "hi" to all of your plastic friends for me. ;)

Belle

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Charlotte! I'm sorry I left you hanging for so long.

I don't plan on doing any more posts on this blog, so I thought I'd briefly share a few things I've learned in my short time parenting here in the comments. I hope you don't mind. ;)

First, I can't stress the importance of patience enough. Patience with your children. Little plastic girls and boys are still learning how to behave, and there are days where everything you say seems to go right over their heads. Patience is key. Not that I'm the perfect example of that. I've snapped at my girls more times than I'd care to admit. :(

You need to be patient with yourself, too. Don't go into parenting with impossible expectations for yourself. Just do your best, and realize you will make mistakes.

Number two, when you do make those mistakes, make them right. Don't be afraid to apologize to your kids and explain why what you did was wrong. It can be very humiliating to admit that you aren't perfect, but your kids will be better for it. It will help them realize that we all make mistakes. The important thing is how we handle it when we do.

And finally, just love them. A doll's life can be uncertain, even in a good home. We never know what our days will hold. Love your children and show that love in ways they can understand. Every day is precious.

I hope this helped, at least a little. :) I wish you the best as you pursue this crazy adventure. :)

Belle

Cogaroo said...

Hi Belle!

I've enjoyed reading your blog, and you inspired my Rapunzel doll, Ani, to start her own blog. She's linked back to you and given you full credit for inspiring her. I hope you don't mind! Here's her blog, in case you want to see it (she just started today): https://lifeaccordingtoani.wordpress.com

I hope you're doing well! :)
Cogaroo (and Ani)